November 30, 2010

Flight to MN

November 24, 2010

Home for Thanksgiving, what could go wrong? The trip wasn't all that bad, it was just a late night. My flight was scheduled to leave around 6:30pm from Dulles but had a 1/2 an hour delay due to maintenance problems. That was just enough of an delay for me to miss my connecting flight in Minneapolis down to Rochester. I had the last flight of the night which didn't help matters. The airlines offered to pay for two meals and put me up in a hotel but Rochester is only 1.5 hours South. I asked them if they would pay the $30.00 to put me on a shuttle...they said "no". I guess they would rather spend over $100.00 to put me up in a Hilton. The flight to Rochester the next morning wasn't until about 10:30am so I decided to pay the $30.00 and get on the shuttle bus. I got home around midnight.

One good thing was I met a guy on the plane from Dulles to Minneapolis who also happened to be from Rochester...and he wasn't "old" :). Pretty crazy I think since Rochester is a "smaller" town. We ended up talking for most of the flight which made the time go by fast!

No comments: