March 9, 2010

Coco Cay, Bahamas

March 1, 2010
This morning we had our breakfast delivered to our room. It was pretty basic food but it was good. We arrived at Coco Cay which is a Royal Caribbean owned island in the Bahamas. We tendered (took a smaller boat) to the island shore. We walked around the beach and enjoyed the view. We took and Eco Adventure boat tour. We saw an airplane that crashed in the water in 1978 that was carrying marijuana (as the story was told). We also saw an abandoned residential community and a small island for sale that only costs 2.9 million. On the way back to Coco Cay our boat got stuck because of the low tide, people on the boat had to move to the front to shift the weight...we made it back safe. After the boat tour we ate lunch on the island. We went back to the boat and made a spa appointment for 3:00pm. The lady told me many, many times...you have so many knots (in my shoulders). I said "I know" and it hurt when she was getting them out but I felt so much better when it was over. We then met with Sylvia's group at 6:00pm, ate dinner, and went to the 9:00pm opening show! What a day! There are so many things to do!

Oh, the beached whale we saw yesterday was on CNN and they said it died...sad.


4 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Looks like you having a great time!

Jamie said...

Pretty sure that is the biggest starfish I've ever seen! Stacy is way braver than I! Glad to see all the cool pics:) Good job!

Unknown said...

it looks like that guy was afraid you'd drop that crab!

coongirl said...

I was holding on to it for too long and he was about to take it away from me so he could pass it around to others :). We were at the front of the boat so we got to hold the animals first!