October 7, 2010I've known for quite some time that the traffic out here was pretty bad but now that I get stuck in it, uhhhh is all I have to say. During the week it takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to go about 20 miles. On a good day/weekend it takes about 35 minutes.
I've come to realize that the stop lights out here are extra, super looooonnnnng. I timed a couple of them and it took 3 minutes to get the green light. It wouldn't be so bad if there were only a couple of lights but when they are on every block it is hard to get anywhere.
During my journey today I tried to take a couple of pictures with my cell...not the best but hopefully you will get the idea. The above photo was taken around 5:15pm. There are 5 lanes of traffic on each side, 10 lane highway, jam packed.The photo below was taken around 7:15pm. The only difference is it is dark out. You can see the stream of lights in the distance...all cars. I think it is time for the DC metro area to build some more bridges over the Potomac River so drivers have more options.

No comments:
Post a Comment