October 6, 2010

Random Things Around Town

October 6, 2010

Here are some things I've noticed around town while I've been back. It has been really nice being home. Above is a picture I took with my phone of the sunset. Not the best picture but you get the idea. The weather is much cooler these days so more people are outside with their animals. There are more animals in this apartment complex than I thought. I saw a guy outside with his little dog who was taking a bathroom break. The owner said to the dog while it was doing it's job "good boy" over and over. Really!?! I know when a dog catches a ball or a Frisbee people usually say "good boy" but when it is going to the bathroom...does a dog really need praise for that? Hummm, I thought that was odd. I also saw a guy who had a pretty big black cat on a leash. I thought OK, he doesn't want the cat to walk/run away but when I passed them in my car they crossed the street and the cat in the lead! I've never seen a cat being walked before.

I went to visit the dentist the other day and went into the restroom. The building was an older building but the bathroom looked newly remodeled, complete with a TV! What in the world? In between the mirrors was a TV playing Fox News. I guess it was OK to listen to but I've never seen anything like that before in a bathroom. Technology is everywhere.
One last thing....
I was reading a paper I got from a dietitian that listed baked kale chips. I've never heard of such a things. I looked them up on the Internet and it seems people like them. I can't image how they taste, I think they might taste like grass but I've only read good reviews. It might be worth a try!

No comments: