I realized today that I haven't posted anything on my blog for a few days. I've been a bit under the weather but am now on the road to recovery and a new posting is way over due.

I was at work today looking at video and documenting intersections etc... and I came across some funny images. In the parks you never know what you are going to see and people seem to do some interesting things. These two photos show that no matter where people are some aren't afraid to show what they have. In both photos people have their things laying out on the ground for all to see...not sure what they were up to...reorganizing, drying out, who knows... :).

This image of old buildings was taken from one of our routes in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. It is an area that used to be the "Appalachian Club" vacation community near the old town of Elkmont. This club first began as a "gentleman's hunting club". The community is now no longer due to the National Park obtaining the land and all residents were required to leave. The last lease ended in 2001. The NPS plan is to demolish all buildings but there are ongoing debates. This is a great historic community and I found a couple of websites that has some other good photos of the old town. http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/tn/elkmont.html

1 comment:
Oh Man! We've had a couple times in our life where we had to unpack the car, but I don't think it was anything to that extent! I'm glad you're on the road to recovery:) Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment