January 1, 2010

Back to Denver


January 1, 2010
I made it back to Denver today after spending a little over a week in MN with my family. It was good to get a break from work and I got to spend some time with my nieces and nephew who are growing up fast and talking more (and better) every time I see them. It was really, really cold in MN and I must say that I'll take Denver weather any day over the continual MN cold. The first 4 days I was home I was a bit out of it and took an unexpected Christmas Eve trip to the ER. After sleeping the next few days I was back to normal and back on my feet. It was a rough few days and I'm very glad I was around family. Getting a good family photo is pretty hard with everyone...someone is always looking away or has their eyes closed. This photo (posted) is one of the better ones we took. Little Nolan has his eyes closed but I guess since he so little I won't blame him (yet) for not understanding that when you take photos you don't blink :).
Anyway, today the MSP airport was pretty slow but with all of the added security they have been talking about on the news I thought I'd need to get there early but there were NO lines! Uhhh, good thing I brought my computer to pass the time. I got to sit next to a girl who was in her mid 20s (I think) who had never flown before. I am so used to flying that it is hard for me to understand why people have fears about flying but she was pretty nervous and it was interesting to hear her questions. Planes are basically my 2nd home (or maybe my 3rd after my work truck) and weird noises don't really phase me anymore. She was concerned about the force during take off and wanted to know if you really lean back in your seat. She also wanted to know why the plane was turning after we were in the air and not just flying straight. The flight went well and when we landed she said "that was a quick flight" and I think her fears are now put to rest.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a great pic of the famiy:) Looks like everyone had a good time!?! what a nice bunch!