April 10, 2010

Around Denver

April 10, 2010
Today I went to some of my favorite spots around Denver.

Heritage Square

I love the music hall theater! They put on really great shows.
This place also has some fun rides for the kids, mini golf, and an alpine slide.
http://www.hsmusichall.com/


I-70 Road Cut shows various colors of rock. There is a trail along the road cut and it is next to I-70. The photo of the trail was taken looking West, the gateway to the mountains!



Lookout Mountain - Golden, Colorado
On the way up I took a photo of the Coors factory in Golden, CO. This is looking East. At the same spot but looking West I took a photo of the canyon road that leads up to Black Hawk & Central City, Colorado. One of the greatest old mining towns, in my opinion. All of the legends were in Black Hawk & Central City at one time or another.
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/co-centralcity.html
Continuing up Lookout Mountain there is still some snow along the road! Nothing in the city though.
At the top of Lookout Mountain is Buffalo Bill's grave.


Red Rocks Amphitheater

Red Rocks is a natural, geologically formed, open-air Amphitheatre

http://www.denvergov.org/Red_Rocks_Amphitheatre/RedRocksHistory/tabid/393465/Default.aspx

http://www.redrocksonline.com/

No comments: