April 13, 2010

Soap Opera Versus The President

April 13, 2010

This evening made me think...
I typically record the soap opera Days of Our Lives. I enjoy watching it when I get home from work. There is something about relaxing while watching fake drama. Anyway, today while watching it a special report came on. The report was to show President Obama speaking about the nuclear summit meeting. I wasn't particularly interested in what he had to say about it so I ended up fast forwarding through 90% of it. Later I was thinking, great now I won't know what happens at the end of the soap opera. Then I started thinking...why am I more interested in watching a soap opera (that has nothing to do with real life) than watching the President speak? I think it is good that he is letting the American people know that he takes our nuclear security seriously and is having talks with other leaders about it. I just wish they could do it during a different TV show! Priorities....hummm. Is it bad to choose a soap opera over the President? I guess the answer would be different for everyone. As I type this there is a Frontline show on PBS about Obama and health care reform. Maybe this is a sign I should be more interested in what the President does.

1 comment:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Ha ha! I think I'm where you are. Funny. Something to think about for sure.