May 26, 2010

Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve




May 26, 2010
Today we drove from Raton, NM to Alamosa, CO and started collection at Great Sand Dunes. We had some problems with the new truck in the morning again and then had problems with the old truck in the afternoon. We had about 4 hours of good collection though so I'll take it. It was much warmer here than I thought it would be. Around 3:00pm it was 85 degrees in the old truck and one of the computers started beeping, which means "turn me off now or I'll turn myself off soon"! I tried all my old tricks to cool the truck off but nothing worked. It made our collection day end at 3:30pm. We took a short loop hike by the visitor center and I was able to get some photos. This is a pretty park.

1 comment:

Black Rock Ranch said...

Hope you had a great Birthday!!

AND I hope you are feeling better...

Aunt Phyllis