May 20 to 23, 2010Thursday evening I flew into Phoenix expecting it to be very hot. It was warm when I arrived around 7:30pm but tolerable. 

Friday we went to Anthem and Cave City, AZ. We rode a small train around a park in Anthem and the kids played on the splash pad for a while. It was pretty hot so we spent some time at the Anthem outlet stores to find some air conditioning.
Saturday we went to Tombstone. Love this old town! We could have spent much more time there but the 6 hours we did spend there was fun. We at lunch in the city park, took a tour of the "Good Enough Mine", saw the haunted Bird Cage Theater, took a carriage ride around town, toured City Hall, went in Big Nose Kate's Saloon, walked around Boothill Graveyard, and at dinner at a local restaurant.

Sunday was my birthday and for my B-day treat we made fruit pizza. It is way better than cake! It was the nicest (coolest) day of the weekend so we took a quick walk to enjoy the weather and walk off our fruit pizza calories before I got back on the airplane to Denver. 
2 comments:
It looks as if you had a really nice birthday weekend.
Wish I could have been there, too! Glad you had a good weekend with some of my most favorite people. :)
Post a Comment