June 8, 2010

Heading East

June 8, 2010

Today was a long 10 hour day in the car. It was mostly uneventful, which is always good. I got up at 5:30am central time / 4:30am MTN time! Even with the early wake-up we still didn't hit the road until 7:00am. It was cloudy most of the day with a few random rain showers in NE, IA and MN. We almost had a run in with 2 deer that were running across the interstate and made it to the median but luckily once they were in the median they decided to run parallel with the car rather than run across the road. A near miss! We saw several wind turbine blades being hauled on the interstate. There are a lot of wind farms in IA! I also saw a pretty big convoy of military fuel trucks. It was neat to see. I couldn't snap a photo because I was driving when we passed the convoy. We made it "home" to Rochester around 5:00pm . I'm taking a break from driving tomorrow to visit family for the day but Thursday and Friday will be big driving days again. I hope to be in VA by Friday night.

No comments: