June 8, 2010

Moving Day



June 7, 2010

The day has finally arrived! Lots of phone calls and planning have finally paid off and things are falling into place. Most things are falling into place at the last minute but I'm learning that that is just how things work. The moving truck showed up at 8:30am and they looked at my stuff and said "oh, this should go pretty quick." Four hours later they finally finished. I had a feeling it would take them a bit longer than a couple of hours. I have lots of stuff! I had to do some quick errands while the movers were at my house with my dad and when I got back one of the movers said "what do you have rocks in some of those boxes." I just looked at him and started laughing. I said "sorry, but yes they are really rocks." I've moved them many times myself so I know his pain but he is getting paid to move them and I did tell him "thank you for moving my rocks." What can I say...I'm a rockhound at heart. I just can't part with them...they do look pretty on my shelves. The movers left around 1:00 in the afternoon. My dad and I did some last minute cleaning and packing of my car and we were on the road around 3:00pm. We drove to North Platte, NE where some friends were kind enough to take us in for the night. Thanks a bunch to Jim and Irma!

No comments: