June 23, 2010

Ice Water

June 23, 2010

It has been a while since I've posted anything from a work trip. After the last couple of parks we collected we (our program) decided that the cameras we have in our new truck do not let in enough light for the areas we collect. When we collected Redwood National Park the video images turned out pretty dark :(. Not good news. So we decided to get new cameras put into the truck. The process has taken some time but testing is currently going on with new equipment so I hope to be back on the road in a week or two.

I have to post a little blurb from this article I was reading.
http://www.beachbody.com/product/newsletters/nl_413.do

Ice water. Almost every nutritionist will recommend drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day, but did you know that if you drink ice water versus room-temperature water, your body will burn an extra 9 calories per glass? Drinking room-temperature water can burn about 16 calories per glass—that's 25 calories per glass for ice water. So, eight glasses of cool water a day can be responsible for burning 200 calories! Plus, water is necessary for all of your bodily processes, including the ones that control your metabolism. If you're underhydrated, your body will underperform. Water also flushes out fat deposits and toxins, which can hamper your energy.

Can you believe it! I never would have imagined that it would matter if you drank ice water or room temperature water.

I was at the grocery store the other day and garlic was on my list. This is what i found...garlic with a purple outside. Yes, I double checked the label and it said garlic. I had to make sure it wasn't a shallot (small type of onion). It kind of looks of like garlic but Colorado garlic is not purple...weird. Must be an East Coast thing.Oh, and just thought I'd mention that it was 80% humidity here yesterday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looked like an onion to me