September 28, 2010

Around Sterling

September 28, 2010

My mom came to town this past weekend and we hung around and did some errands and decided to try some canning. I've never done it before but needing a low sodium diet has led to drastic measures...canning is one of them. I figured if I could can my own tomatoes I wouldn't have to worry about all of the sodium in the cans you buy at the store. We went to an outdoor market and got some tomatoes and did our best. It was a learning experience but things actually turned out pretty good. Here is a photo of some of the cans...It has been raining here on and off for the past couple of days but we aren't getting any major flooding like MN did a few days ago. I took a couple photos of the evening sky, taken from my deck/porch. Seems like more rain isn't far away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi honey!
Wait until you come home. Getting Staci's pressure cooker you gave her as a gift and we will can pumpkin. :)
MOM

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Looks like you did well for yourself with the canning! Yummy, even without salt, huh?