December 21, 2009
So my morning consisted of a panic because it seems there is a big snow storm moving across the upper portion of the states this week. Not good for flying into MN on Thursday. After some frantic phone calls I decided rather than be stuck here on Christmas with no Christmas tree I changed my flight. Now I'm flying to MN tomorrow night and will hopefully beat all of the bad weather.
Today at work I came across a few weird things in Grand Canyon. I'm not really sure what this pavement marking means but either it is a legitimate park service marking or someone is playing a funny joke. This symbol is the same symbol the rock band "The Red Hot Chili Peppers" use. Usually pavement markings are for rescue vehicles or helicopters but this area was heavily wooded and no chopper could ever land in this spot...hummm.
The other interesting sign I saw was for cougar crossing and the sign said "next 10 miles". I forgot to grab the image but I never thought of cougars when I was walking around the north and south rim. If you take a trip there keep your eyes peeled.

1 comment:
I love crazy pavement markings:) good ol arizona!
Post a Comment