December 14, 2009

More of Denver

December 14, 2009
The good news is that it is not below zero anymore and I'm starting to unthaw. The bad news is that work isn't all that exciting but I'm still being very productive. I found another sign that is a bit odd and had to post it. Why would the park choose to have a sign like this? Not only would speeding kill bears but it can also kill pedestrians! I guess we know where the park's priorities are :). This was in Yosemite.

Yesterday while I was looking over a recipe book I'm making of my grandma's recipes I decided to have the travel channel on TV. There is a new show on called Meet the Natives. I was sort of skeptical but left it on that channel anyway. It didn't take long and I was hooked. It is a great show that shows 5 men from Tanna coming to the United States for the first time. They are on a mission to spread the word of peace. It is an eye opener to see their perspective on the United States. It made me realize how much we have in this country but often take it for granted. They went to Yellowstone National Park and saw snow for the first time. It was funny to see them accidentally come close to a bison and run and then try to figure out what the animal was. They said "that is no cow!" They also asked a man living in Illinois "Why do you clean the grass, so cows can graze?" The American said "Because it looks good" and the Native said "Sure". He defiantly didn't understand why we spend time raking the leaves...interesting perspective. It made me think about some of the odd things Americans do. Anyway, it is a great show and definitely made me appreciate my country a little more. I encourage you to check it out if you can.
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Meet_the_Natives

No comments: