December 2, 2009
Yesterday and today our program had a Kick Off meeting with the company that will be processing our data and building our new truck for our next collection cycle. It was a full two days and we got a lot done.
Yesterday at the hotel we ran into someone that works in the FHWA Western office whom often works with us in our program. It was nice to run into a familiar face. We all went out to dinner last night and it was a good time.
Today at lunch the representative from the processing company said "do any of you have kids" and we went around the table and everyone said "yes" except for me. The guy said "you are probably too young to have kids" and I just laughed and said "what do you mean, how old do you think I am? I'm sure I'm the same age as you" and he said "no way" and then guessed I was 26...nice! Looks like I'm still lucky to have people think I'm in my 20s. Turns out that him and I are the same age...I knew it! He said "I look way older than you". I don't know about that but it is funny how often my age comes up when I first meet people. I guess I'll take the compliment while I can :) .
Tomorrow I fly back to Denver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment