August 12, 2010This morning we left Bend, OR and headed South. Along the way I saw the biggest "Do Not Enter" sign I've ever seen. Not only is there one huge sign but there are also two normal sized "Do Not Enter" signs...just in case you missed one! Crazy.

We made it to Crater Lake around 11:00am and finished collection around 5:00pm. Collecting in the new truck is amazing, we don't know what to do with ourselves not having to fix things all of the time. Collection goes pretty smooth. This park has some very narrow roads that shouldn't really be two lanes. We passed a big camper along one of these roads and it definitely got my blood pressure up for a couple of seconds. Our truck's wheels were driving on the middle yellow line and the outer white line, maybe clearing it by an inch and then when the camper came he was taking up more than his lane...yikes. It was very tight to say the least but we managed to squeeze by each other. 
We decided to eat dinner at the Crater Lake Lodge. We have eaten there before, we were at this park about 2 years ago and liked the food so we thought we'd go there again. It was a great dinner. I had pork with cranberry sauce (not the kind out of the can) and polenta...it was really good and flavorful.

1 comment:
Good pictures. Wish your Dad and I could go back again. Love the area.
MOM
Post a Comment