This morning we spent an hour at the FHWA Western office getting my laptop fixed! After that morning adventure we collected Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. It only had two routes so we were done pretty quick. It is a nice, small park. http://www.nps.gov/fova/

We then made our way 4 1/2 hours across Oregon to John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. Doesn't sound like a bad drive but most of it was pretty desolate and there wasn't much to look at. To try and make the drive "interesting" Oregon DOT put up signs saying "Journey Through Time". I guess they have to try something. We did see several wind farms and I got a quick photo.


We then made our way 4 1/2 hours across Oregon to John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. Doesn't sound like a bad drive but most of it was pretty desolate and there wasn't much to look at. To try and make the drive "interesting" Oregon DOT put up signs saying "Journey Through Time". I guess they have to try something. We did see several wind farms and I got a quick photo. 


We had one minor casualty today. This is the first time I've seen this during my 6 years on the job. A bird flew in front of the truck and got stuck. We didn't notice until we parked the truck for dinner. A sad, sad day.

1 comment:
OHHHHH, that is sad. What kind of bird. :(
Post a Comment