August 23, 2010

Weird Thought and All of the Noise

August 23, 2010

Today I as at the ear DR getting my hearing checked to see if my Meinere's is under control. Good news it is and I'm better. I was in the waiting room for 45 minutes and quickly got bored. I began to think...what if someone came in to the office, checked in for an appointment and then stole my wallet (which was sitting on my leg) and ran out. Could the desk clerk tell the police the person's name since medical office's have privacy policies? Humm. I'd hope they could tell the police but you never know, maybe it is breaking confidentiality to give out a person's name. Anyway, right after that I fell asleep for a bit, not good since my wallet was still on my lap! I woke up right before I was called back to see the DR.

It is really nice out here tonight, there is little humidity and the air is cool (abt. 70 degrees). I want to turn the air off but there is so much noise outside it keeps me up at night when I have the windows open. I tried to get a short video clip with my camera. Make sure you have the sound up on your computer. I don't know what is in the trees making this noise but "they" are never quiet and the noise gets louder at night. Reminds me of the movie Steel Magnolias, maybe I should get some fire crackers and shoot them into the trees (like in the movie).

Oh, and if watching the video doesn't annoy you try watching it again and imagine hearing that all night! Don't bugs need to sleep too? I guess not in Virginia.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't hear anything and changed the volume but nothing. I do remember the noise when visiting. I think they are tree frogs but not to sure. I can't even stand hearing crickets at night.
Mom

coongirl said...

I tried it on my computer and the sound worked. I think the bugs outside can hear it too because they got louder :). I have my door open since it is nice out, but when I go to bed I'll have to shut it for some peace and quiet.

Jamie said...

Ok I could hear it... Keep the white noise going:) Is there any way to turn off your air but keep the fan from the central air going? I used to do that in Laramie. Anyway, I have a new creepy book for you to read, you're gonna love it! So, you better call me:) Hows that for a bribe??