November 25 to 27, 2009
On November 25 we packed up the car and headed back to Phoenix. The trip went smooth and we stopped in Yuma, AZ at the Yuma State Historic Park for lunch. When we arrived in Phoenix we headed straight to the grocery store to get food for our Thanksgiving dinner. We spent Thanksgiving in Phoenix and had a great dinner, which included an awesome fruit pizza. I think we will make that a new Thanksgiving tradition! It was 80 degrees Thanksgiving day and I think that was a first for all of us, we are used to snow and cold. On Friday we couldn't pass up the opportunity to shop on "black Friday" so we checked out all of the ads and decided on a couple of places we wanted to go. We were at Kohl's at 4:00am and we were in line to check out around 4:20am and we waited in line for one hour, yep one hour! I don't know how that many people could find what they wanted and get in line only 20 minutes after the store opened! The wait was worth it though because we got some pretty good deals. My flight left Phoenix on Friday at 2:50pm and I made it back to Denver in one piece. It was a great vacation for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
what?! No mention of New Moon?? or fruit pizza?? I don't think any story of Phoenix would be complete without:) We had a great time;) Thanks for making our Thanksgiving so great!
Uhhhh, so many things to remember. OK, I added a bit about the fruit pizza but no words will explain how good it was! As for the movie New Moon, again no words can describe how great it was and how we were thinking about it all day after we saw it.
Post a Comment