November 1, 2009

The Drive to Denver

November 1, 2009
Today I made it back to Denver. We drove the truck back so we took I-70. It seems that no matter how many national parks I've been to nothing compares to the Rockies, especially when there is blue sky and snow on the mountains. The drive went pretty smooth but we stopped in Eagle, CO at a rest area only to find out the "real" bathrooms were closed and they had outhouses/porta potties/biffies...no thanks. We went to Wendy's instead. Maybe some of you have heard on the news but over the past few months mass budget cuts in several states means closing rest areas. Which is OK if they cover up the signs on the interstate so you don't waste time going to a place that is closed. The rest drive was pretty uneventful until the last 10 minutes when there was the moment of panic when I thought I might be getting pulled over for speeding. The cops have this pretty sneaky hiding spot on I-70 east of town and today I wasn't thinking about it. Sure enough a cop was there and as I pass his lights go on BUT luckily the guy next to me was the one getting pulled over. He was in the left lane and I was in the right lane, he was passing me. I have no idea who the person was but "thanks for taking one for the team!" After I dropped off Jeff to get his car (near the airport) I decided to wash the ARAN for one last time before it hibernates for a couple of months. I then took the truck to the office and headed home. What a weird feeling. No more trips in that truck...one last trip will be in February but then all trips after that will be with our brand new truck. I can't wait!

Even though I will not be traveling in the truck over the next couple of months I will still make periodic posts to my blog so keep checking. I will still be traveling over the next couple of months but it will mostly be for meetings (and a couple of vacations I have planned). I am definitely looking forward to less stress and getting things done around the house.

Oh, all of the snow that fell in the Denver area last Wed./Thrus. has pretty much melted. There is still some snow on the grass but the roads are clear and dry. We timed that one perfectly :) !

1 comment:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

I'm glad you are getting a new truck and I'm assuming you are going to have a little more time for yourself? I hope so! Enjoy your holidays and tell Ben & Jamie hi for me when you see them at Thanksgiving!