July 13, 2010

In the air and on the road



July 12, 2010
Today I flew from VA to Denver. While at the Dulles airport I was taking the bus to the terminal and a little boy about 3 years old was really excited. He stood up and said "mommy, look at that rocket!" What he was looking at was a smaller United Express airplane. I guess it looked like a rocket to him and his eyes were really big.

I wasn't able to get a direct flight for a decent price so I had to have a short layover in Chicago. I've never been to Chicago without a delay of some kind. I had a short 20 minute delay leaving Virginia due to heavy air traffic in Chicago. Once in Chicago I had about a 45 minute delay because the airplane was late arriving. I arrived in Denver about 15 minutes before my traveling partner so even with the delays it worked out.

While at the Denver airport I noticed that they added a new statue to the airport grounds. It is a big statue of King Tut. I found an article about it online.
I was surprised to see another statue after the blue horse statue caused such a "stir" around Denver. I guess this new statue is related to an exhibit at the Denver Art Museum.

After we gathered our bags we drove 2 hours North of Denver and spent the night in Cheyenne, Wyoming. It is good to be back in the midwest but windy as always!

No comments: