July 19, 2010

Oregon Caves National Monument

July 19, 2010

Today we left the cold of Crescent City and headed North. We collected a park I've never been to before, Oregon Caves National Monument. I was sort of dreading this park because to get to it you have to drive on a long windy road. It turned out that it was a long windy road where you typically only go between 20 and 45 mph but the end was worth it. This is a really great park that has an old lodge, I wasn't expecting that. This would be a great one or two night vacation. It is pretty secluded but if you want to experience a park with little civilization this is the park to come to! Collection of this park only took us a couple of hours and then we headed further North to spend the night in Cottage Grove, OR. On the way North we saw this water fountain that was flowing with purple water, yes purple! We had to turn the truck around and take a quick photo. Pretty cool!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Jame- This is beautiful:) We'll hav to add it to our list! Did you see any vampires on the way?? Hope you're having fun- sure miss you!

coongirl said...

No vampires, just dreams of vampires :)! It was the perfect setting...cloudy and lots of trees! I did see Eclipse in Crescent City, CA. the perfect setting for a great movie.