July 31, 2010

In Flight

Leaving San Francisco
Kona Delay
July 22, 2010

Today was a long travel day. I took a flight from Seattle to San Francisco, where I met up with my parents and niece then we all flew to Kona, Hawaii (The Big Island). The flight to Hawaii was a 5 hour flight from the West coast. Things were looking good but about an hour before departure we learned the flight was delayed 2 hours due to maintenance. We all were bummed about the delay but I'd rather wait around to make sure the airplane was OK since we would be flying 5 hours over the ocean and there is no place for an emergency landing! They ended up giving us a different airplane with a different seating set up. My parents were supposed to be in row 17 but were moved to row 32! It all worked out though, the flight wasn't full and it gave everyone room to move around and lay down. During the flight I watched the movie"The Bounty Hunter" with Jennifer Aniston. It was a pretty good movie and it helped the time pass. We finally made it to Kona around 9:00pm (Hawaii time). We got our luggage, went to pick up the rental car, drove to our hotel in Kona for the night.

No comments: