

July 15, 2010This morning I was up at 5:30am, hit the road at 6:30am and we made it to Redwood National Park around 10:30am. We did a distance calibration on the truck and then drove South a bit to some dark routes in the park. It was a frustrating afternoon to say the least but things did turn around by evening. While we were transferring data I got out of the truck to take a quick photo and here is my question of the day....How many locks does a gate really need? You can decide but I think this is a little much.
We ate dinner around 7:00pm. We decided to sit outside despite the chill in the air. Being right on the ocean makes a great dinner view. After dinner we headed to the beach for a short walk. We didn't find any shells but I was amazed at all of the critters we saw! I tried to get some photos to share with my blog readers. One thing I decided while on the beach was that when I got back to my hotel room I'd be turning up the HEAT! That lead to a funny thought for the day "I turn up my heat in July, do you?" Most of the country is in a heat wave and we are here in pants and a long sleeve shirt needing a jacket. It was 59 degrees according to the car thermometer when we left the beach this evening. I'll enjoy it while I can, before I head back East with the humidity. 
We ate dinner around 7:00pm. We decided to sit outside despite the chill in the air. Being right on the ocean makes a great dinner view. After dinner we headed to the beach for a short walk. We didn't find any shells but I was amazed at all of the critters we saw! I tried to get some photos to share with my blog readers. One thing I decided while on the beach was that when I got back to my hotel room I'd be turning up the HEAT! That lead to a funny thought for the day "I turn up my heat in July, do you?" Most of the country is in a heat wave and we are here in pants and a long sleeve shirt needing a jacket. It was 59 degrees according to the car thermometer when we left the beach this evening. I'll enjoy it while I can, before I head back East with the humidity. 

No comments:
Post a Comment