August 15, 2009

Blue Ridge Parkway

August 15, 2009
I am forever grateful for the shop in California that shipped the isolator to us. The miracles of UPS! We got the new isolator around 9:15am and installed it in about one hour...not bad considering it is in a really tight spot that is not easy to get to. We were on the road around 10:30am and drove back to the parkway. We collected all day with little problems! The truck did act up once but it was after driving for 2 hours without collecting, we were in transit to another route. It took about 5 minutes for the truck to get back on track and then we were off again. It was a really good day today. I'm hoping the truck is fixed for at least a week :).

I didn't really see anything exciting today just a couple deer. Oh, some guy in a campground said he thought we were searching for mines...he didn't say it like that, forgot exactly what he said but I had no idea what he was talking about. I just smiled at the guy, shrugged my shoulders and said "we are collecting pavement data" and that was pretty much the end of it...weird. After he left I asked Jeff what he was talking about...I guess he meant land mines and he was joking but the joke went over my head...sad. Long days of driving can really make your brain go numb.

No comments: