August 3, 2009

Home but with little rest

August 3, 2009
OK, so I know this is a travel blog but since this entry involves a car I'm going to pretend it qualifies as a legitimate posting. Some of you already know that Denver had a really bad storm hit the West side of town on July 20th. From what I hear it didn't last much longer than 10 to 15 minutes but it caused a lot of damage. I've lived in Colorado for several years now and have been lucky enough to avoid the damaging storms but my time is now up. My car ('06 Ford Escape) suffered some pretty bad hail damage from that storm (I was in Virginia). All of the insurance companies have big tents set up around town with big trucks that say "disaster relief". Today I got to visit one of those tents. There are a lot of cars that have hail damage but from the 4 other cars I saw in "my" tent I must say my car looked the worst. Most cars had small dents while I got mostly deep dents. I am not as upset about it as I thought I would be. It is nothing a check for just over $7,000.00 won't fix. The more annoying part is that is it just another thing I have to fit in during my few short days at home. I posted one photo but really no photo does the damage justice. It is hard to get a good photo without crazy glare.

On a work related note, my program is in the process of purchasing a new data collection vehicle. Today at the office I started looking at proposals submitted for a new truck. I am very excited and after we get a new truck hopefully my blog won't be filled with breakdown entries :) ! It will still be another 5 months or so before we get a new truck but I'm happy the count down has started.

No comments: