August 31, 2009
I made it back to Asheville, NC today. It was a long journey. Today on my flight from Denver to Charlotte the guy sitting next to me kept "spilling" over into my seat. I guess I should have read the fine print that said I was paying for only half of a seat and not a whole one :). It did get annoying and I really don't like strangers touching me that much so the window became my friend...I was sitting very close to it the whole 3 hour flight. We were just about to land in Asheville when the plane suddenly pulled up and the first thought that came to my mind was "NO"! Well, I can't do anything about it but pulling up means we have to fly around the airport and do another approach. I guess ATC had us coming in to close to a "heavy" (747 or similar). It added about 15 to 20 minutes onto our already delayed flight because the GPS had to be reset back in Denver after we all boarded. The flight from Charlotte to Asheville was a quick 20 minute hop and the guy next to me on this flight decided that he was going to fan me with his papers every time he turned a page in his magazine...what a treat (not really). We got our bags and went out to get a taxi since the truck is still in the shop. The taxi guy said it was a really slow day and he had been sitting there since 2:00pm (it was now 6:15pm) so he was glad to see us and glad that we needed a ride. I hope to get the truck back tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment