August 21, 2009
I realized today that I may never get to leave Blue Ridge Parkway. The rain is really a "downer" and is creating a major delay. We didn't go out in the truck today because of the rain. I worked in my hotel room for 10 hours today. I guess it is like a bigger cubicle. I got a lot done so I'm happy about that but there is always more to do.
Couple good stories for the day...
I took a short break for lunch and went down to the lobby to heat up some leftovers. Got back to my room and couldn't get in. I was annoyed because I just had my keys changed yesterday but I went back downstairs to the front desk and asked her to fix my key. I went back up to my room and still couldn't get in. I just about lost it. I just wanted to get in my room and get back to work and eat lunch. Luckily a maintenance guy witnessed my dilemma and said "let me help you". Good thing because I was super frustrated. He tried his key and nothing would work. Turns out the battery in the door card reader died. Can you believe that! Just my luck. After putting up with a truck that has power issues now my hotel room door has power issues. The guy had to let me in with an old school turn key rather than the credit card key. They soon came back to change the battery.
We went out to the truck to go to dinner around 6:00pm and sure enough the truck wouldn't start. I realized the fridge was left plugged in and we hadn't driven all day. We can usually leave it overnight but leaving it overnight and then all day drained the battery. Luckily my big purchase while I was in Hawaii last year with the truck paid off again...a battery jumper pack. I learned that David has never jumped a car before...really David? So I showed him how it was done :). We were rolling in no time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
...and you were a great teacher, I wouldn't expect anything less :)
Who has the battery card reader in their hotel room die??? This is no job for the faint of heart:)
Post a Comment