July 31, 2009

Made it home for a few days

July 31, 2009
I finally made it home at 9:40pm (11:40pm Eastern time)! It was a very long day.

While I was still in Richmond this morning I called the shop we dropped the truck off at last night. They said they looked at the weight stamp on the door and it was 8,000 lbs and their lift could only handle 10,000. I told them that 8,000 was not 10,000 and their lift should be fine and I explained that I had our truck officially weighted prior to going to Hawaii and it is not over 9,000 lbs. The guy tried to make excuses but bottom line is that they didn't want to do the work. Some places don't want to risk touching our truck, which is fine as long as they are honest about it. So the tire rotation and balance has yet to happen. I took the truck to a Ford shop that claims to have a lift rated for up to 16,000 lbs. If it isn't one thing to deal with it is another.

My flight from Richmond to Washington Dulles was more eventful than I wanted it to be. I can usually handle a lot of turbulence and not mind but today was really bad. When we left Richmond the weather had not gotten to Dulles yet but by the time we were about 10 minutes away from landing the storms developed rapidly over the area and we felt every bit of it. I can handle a few pockets of air but when the plane keeps dropping and then goes up and comes back down and you hear the engine roar louder... it is not that comforting. When we landed everyone looked sick but we all started clapping. I was however one of the few lucky people that didn't have any flight delays. Due to the crazy weather both Dulles and Denver had long line at the service counters because people missed their connecting flights. I am glad to be back after a trip full of van attitude and humidity.

I won't be back out on the road until August 10th ish so you probalby won't see another blog entry until then.

No comments: