September 11, 2010

Glacier National Park - Day 2


September 11, 2010
Another day in Glacier. Today was much more productive than yesterday, we got 90% of the park done! We went over Going to the Sun Road. That is the main road that goes through the park and is very narrow and goes above tree line. This photo was taken near beginning of the route looking east.
On the way up...Still on the way up...we passed several waterfalls along the way.Finally, over the summit and on the way down. I took this one while we were waiting for our turn to go through a one lane construction area. Looks like the peaks got some snow yesterday.We saw some mountain goats on the side of the mountain on the East side across from the St Mary lodge. The goats were really far away and the only reason I saw them was because I heard other people talking about them while I was collecting a parking lot. They looked like really small white specks on the side of the mountain. This is the best photo I could get with my camera. You can see them in the center of the photo.Two Medicine area on the East Side...It was windy and chilly all day. After leaving the park for the LONG drive back to Kalispell the wind was so strong a sudden gust of wind pushed the van pretty quickly. It felt like my heart flew out my arm pit. It took me by surprise but after that I was prepared.

No comments: