September 14, 2010Today we collected Lake Roosevelt. This park doesn't have a general park sign. Each individual area has a sign so I took one at a campground (above). This is my second time to this park and the diving didn't get any shorter. This is a really long lake/recreation area. We started on the North side and ended in the Southwest. It was a long day of collection but we got it all.
The scenery in the north is wooded, lots of trees and the scenery south is prairie, lots of farm fields and open range.
After driving out in the prairie the roads take you back in closer to the river, something like 14 miles in. I know it doesn't seem long but when you just want to get somewhere you wonder why they build the roads this way. Anyway, I saw this heron by the water, actually I saw several but this one was the only one I could get an OK photo of. All of the other ones were scared off and flew away for some reason. I also saw a fawn and a bunch of wild turkeys today.
At the end of the day we had to find a place to stay. I didn't make any reservations because I wasn't sure how much collecting we would get done. We called some hotels in Coulee Dam, WA but they were booked, well they didn't have any rooms at the rate we needed. We did some more calling around and found a resort that offered us a cottage at the per diem rate of $70.00! If we can get a cottage for $70.00 why can't we get a little hotel room for that? Who knows...Anyway, this place is called Sunbanks Lake Resort and it was pretty nice. It has some bad reviews on Google but I thought the place was pretty decent. It is a campground with cottages and is right on the water. The only complaint I have is that the vaulted ceilings had some spider webs and the high windows has no window coverings. Other than that it was a great place with a full size kitchen and washer and dryer...all for $70.00!
The view from the upstairs bedroom, out the window.
Taken from the stairs looking down to the living room and kitchen
Living room and deck...

No comments:
Post a Comment