September 7, 2010

West Again

September 7, 2010

Today started early, very early! I got a cab at 5:45am and headed to IAD for a 7:55am flight to the West coast. I had one short layover in Chicago and things went smooth. I arrived in Portland, OR and realized I didn't have the address to the Western FHWA office so I was hoping the cab driver knew how to get there. The cab driver was from Russia (I think) and wasn't sure where I needed to go so I told him "I need to go that way" and I pointed. It was an interesting cab ride but I was able to remember how to get to the office as we drove. Once at the office I met up with my traveling partner and we started to do verifications on the truck's equipment. Things we going pretty well until the weather turned cold and it started to rain. Our day ended "short". It was a long day but we didn't get to finish the verifications, which means tomorrow will be a bit longer work day.

No comments: