September 17, 2010

Seattle and More Rain

September 17, 2010
Today we were going to try to go to San Juan Island National Historic Park but typical of the upper NW rain has moved into the area. We drove to the ferry dock and the rain/heavy drizzle was constant. The web cams for the island showed fog and rain drops on the lens and damp everything. We decided it wasn't worth the cost of the ferry to ship our truck over there today. We headed down to Lacey, WA (south of Seattle) to run a control site. Control sites are used to compare data and ensure the truck systems are working properly. After the control site runs I was dropped off at a hotel near the airport. I am on my way home tomorrow. My traveling partners are going to brave the rain forecast and try to get a few more parks collected.

Here is the view from my hotel room...If I was much closer to the airport I'd have to be sleeping in it! Amazingly I can't hear any airplanes...yet.

No comments: