September 22, 2010

Rain and Bugs

September 22, 2010
A bit of a storm rolled across Sterling this afternoon. It didn't last long, maybe 1/2 and hour but it brought some pretty heavy rain. Luckily it didn't hail. My car needs a break from the hail damage repair shop. Sterling is on the right side of the red area in the radar image.
These bugs (below) are EVERYWHERE around here. They are a bit annoying. They make this loud clicking noise when they fly. I'm not sure if these are the noise makers at night but there are definatley a lot of them around. One of these things flew in my house the other day and I had my TV remote in my hand so I swung at it. I think that is a natural reflex, right? I actually hit it! Who knew I had such good hand eye coordination. The bug was so hard it just got nocked to the ground and I don't think it even knew something hit it....crazy.

I was looking at the Mount Rainier National Park web cam this morning to see if my traveling partners would be getting a break in the rain. It actually looked pretty dry but this image made me laugh. Can you see the little bug in the lower right area of the image. I guess we aren't the only ones that have problems with bugs flying on the glass and getting in images. I guess bugs know just the right spot to be...

No comments: