We started Blue Ridge Parkway today. It is the largest/longest park we have to collect.
Here are some statistics: Total miles = 469.1, Maximum speed = 45 mph, Minimum drive time (non-stop) approx. 16 hours, Year started 1935, Year completed 1987.
We collected about 152 miles today. Sound like a lot? It felt like a lot. I forgot to bring toothpicks to hold my eyes open so I admit they did close a few times, but I wasn't the driver today! When we collect our max speed is only go 35 mph so the 16 hours non-stop drive time doesn't apply to us. We also have to stop and collect small on and off ramps and campgrounds along the way. I'm not sure what else to say about this park right now other than it is really long and not that exciting. Oh, they do have some really cool looking trails along the parkway. Some of them are short (like 20 minute hikes) and I saw one was along an old railroad bed. That would be fun but I'm stuck in a truck so....this is my entry for the day. We did get out of the truck quick to get a couple of photos. The one posted was taken from the Greenstone Overlook.

No comments:
Post a Comment