July 26, 2009

Blue Ridge Parkway

July 26, 2009
Another day, more miles down the parkway. We were only able to collect about 34 miles today. The sky was pretty dark and it started to rain very hard around 1:00pm. The rain held off much longer than expected though and I was happy to get 4 1/2 hours of collection in. I was looking forward to having a more relaxed afternoon but it didn't happen. On the 30 mile drive back to the hotel the truck started to smell like sulfur again. That means a battery is overheating. We spent the afternoon troubleshooting and trying to narrow down the problem. We think we have it narrowed down but I'll get a second opinion tomorrow from the company that made our truck. It was a long, dirty afternoon and a long 77.5 hour work week.

The only photo I took today was of a small cemetery out in the country. I thought the fence/wall was photo worthy, it is different.

No comments: