


July 28, 2009
I knew it would happen sooner or later. The truck has given up on us. Today was supposed to be the perfect day, no rain, collect more miles, little problems...didn't happen. It was one of the worst days for the truck. For some reason this afternoon we stopped getting roughness data but the truck didn't tell us (we usually get an error) so we kept collecting. Later we realized...no roughness data...30 miles down the drain and time wasted. In the 5 years I have had this job I've never had this issue occur with no obvious fix. We also have a pavement camera that is acting up and our quick fixes are not fixing the problem anymore so we need a new camera. These issues are pretty big so we have to end collection in Blue Ridge for now and drive to Richmond tomorrow to fix our truck.
I didn't get any good photos today so I'll post some of the photos I took of the errors in the truck. The middle image is normal and the top image shows a crazy error with the numbers. The blue image occurred when shutting down a computer...blue screen of death maybe?
It's all in a days work.

No comments:
Post a Comment