July 30, 2009

Fixing the truck, still in Richmond


July 30, 2009
Another day fixing the truck. It was productive but again the humidity is really terrible. I'm going home tomorrow (finally) and can't wait to get back to Colorado where the humidity is never really noticed. The truck seems to be working OK again. We still have the typical issues with the old systems we have but we can deal with it. As long as the major things work we are happy. We decided to go to downtown Richmond to check out the Capitol. We got there late so it wasn't open but it was still nice to walk around. We didn't stay for long because there was a storm moving our way with really dark clouds.

We took did take the truck to a tire shop over lunch time (I won't say which shop) to see if they could rotate our tires. Why is it that workers don't know how many pounds their car lift can handle? That is crazy! When I asked him over and over if they could lift our truck he said "I don't know until we try it"...really? He said the lift is only rated for 6,000 lbs and I said our truck is just over 8,000 and he still said "maybe we can do it but I don't know until we try". The outcome is obvious; they couldn't lift the truck so we had to take the truck to another shop that hopefully knows more about their equipment. We'll see if I get a call in the morning with bad news.

No comments: