
Today started at 7:30am in Grand Junction, CO and ended at 10:30pm in Beaver, UT. The truck hit a bit of a milestone today and reached 250,000 miles! We drove to Great Basin National Park and stopped by the first visitor center to see if our package of parts had arrived yet. We were told it would be going to the other visitor center so we headed up there and after a few minutes of "where is the package" we finally got it...whew. We installed the new boards and went to work at 2:00pm. The truck was definitely not on it's best behavior which seems very typical especially when we are in a time crunch. We got just about all collection software bugs possible. Around 6:00pm we had 4 campground routes left but the sun was low and was making our images go black so we had to sit and wait for the sun to go down...sounds like fun but not really when you know you have a 2 hour drive to the hotel ahead of you still. We ended up leaving the park around 7:30pm. There was one gas station/restaurant/motel/casino right by the park. We stopped there and filled up and decided to eat quick. We drove on a road for 2 hours only to see 2 cars during that 2 hour drive...middle of nowhere! We rolled into Beaver, checked into the hotel and called it a day. Another 15 hour day today...after working 14 hours yesterday I'll probably hit 40 hours today (in 3 days) gotta love it!
We didn't get to really enjoy the park or see anything other than what we saw from the truck so I took a couple of photos from the truck.

2 comments:
That does sound like the middle of nowhere. In fact, I didn't even know where Baker, UT was and had to look hard to find it. I'm thinking it may be Baker, NV since you were near Great Basin National Park, but I could be mistaken. Anyways, I hope you don't end up doing 70-80 hours this week like recently and if you happen to make it up to SLC somehow, let me know.
Yeah, OK so I really have no idea where I am. I was in Baker, NV near Great Basin but we ended up spending the night in Beaver, UT. It is all the same right :)?
Post a Comment