September 30, 2009
Today we spent most of the day working on the truck. This morning the battery was dead because we left the small fridge plugged in. Usually it is OK but when it gets cold outside we can't do it. Last night was pretty cold so this morning we tried to jump it but our booster pac wasn't charged so we just swapped out the battery with our spare. We drove to Bryce, Utah. We turned on the computer systems and realized there was a problem with the auto iris on the pavement cameras. That is not a common issue. We ended up having to take apart a computer. We got that fixed and then I said "next we will have roughness issues" as a joke. Well, about an hour later the roughness computer randomly shuts off. I should have known better. We've learn in the truck to not say anything because as soon as we mention it, it is sure to happen. Today I forgot that "rule" and I learned my lesson again. We spent most of the day fixing various issues and only collected about 18 miles, 2 routes in the park. This is a pretty small park so we still have a good chance of finishing tomorrow if the truck cooperates.
A couple of people asked us about the truck today. One guy was cleaver. When Jeff said "we inventory the roads" the guy said "why do people steal roads or something?". Funny guy ha?
Oh, and just to put it out there I'm at 40 hours for the week already and it is only Wednesday!
Today we spent most of the day working on the truck. This morning the battery was dead because we left the small fridge plugged in. Usually it is OK but when it gets cold outside we can't do it. Last night was pretty cold so this morning we tried to jump it but our booster pac wasn't charged so we just swapped out the battery with our spare. We drove to Bryce, Utah. We turned on the computer systems and realized there was a problem with the auto iris on the pavement cameras. That is not a common issue. We ended up having to take apart a computer. We got that fixed and then I said "next we will have roughness issues" as a joke. Well, about an hour later the roughness computer randomly shuts off. I should have known better. We've learn in the truck to not say anything because as soon as we mention it, it is sure to happen. Today I forgot that "rule" and I learned my lesson again. We spent most of the day fixing various issues and only collected about 18 miles, 2 routes in the park. This is a pretty small park so we still have a good chance of finishing tomorrow if the truck cooperates.
A couple of people asked us about the truck today. One guy was cleaver. When Jeff said "we inventory the roads" the guy said "why do people steal roads or something?". Funny guy ha?
Oh, and just to put it out there I'm at 40 hours for the week already and it is only Wednesday!

1 comment:
I like following your blog and when you were home I wasn't sure what you were up so all I can say is "welcome back".
Post a Comment