September 14, 2009

Who Knows Where I am....

September 13, 2009
Today we finished Great Smoky Mountains. We are glad to be out of the east, heading west. We are also glad to get away from loud motorcycles! Today while we were driving on a long windy road a spider decided to hitch a ride on the front of our truck. That was not a smart idea because I think it ended up overheating and it didn't live for long or maybe it really just jumped off the truck...who knows.

After a pretty full day of collection I got on a plane in Knoxville, TN at 6:20pm and flew to Denver via Dallas. I finally got home at 2:00am EST and am now doing laundry and sending in my time sheet etc... by the way it was a 79.50 hour work week this week. Something about that just isn't right! I'm heading out again tomorrow after noon to go to Tulsa...my flight is around 1:00 in the afternoon, that is why I'm doing laundry at 2am cuz I have to hit the road again. I came home quick because I have to go to the DR. It is hard to schedule things when you have a job like this so making DR appointments is not easy and can lead to long days like this. Oh, when I was leaving the parking lot at the airport I looked in the sky and saw what I first thought was one single firework but after a second I realized there was no way that is what it was it must have been a shooting star or comet. I am definitely not an astronomer but whatever it was it was bright, white and green. Luckily whatever it was burned up in the atmosphere before it landed on my car...Just kidding but that would be my luck :).

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Welcome to the Rocky Mtns for the night:) The spider looks way gross, but I'm going to show Ike in the morning b/c he will think it's awesome! Glad you got to miss out on Knoxville to Tulsa:) Sure miss ya!

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

What kind of spider is that? Gives me the shivers. Hope you don't have such a full work week this coming week.

coongirl said...

Not sure what kind of spider that was but he was pretty big and hairy. This week will be a bit more relaxed since I'll be in a meeting and I won't have to deal with the truck for a few days!!! I need a break from it. I think that truck needs more attention than a child...is that possible? Sad.