September 16, 2009
Today we had another productive day. After lunch we took the truck out to try and do some test runs. While in the parking lot I noticed that the voltages on the computer batteries were low and they were not being charged. We looked at the regulator and it didn't appear to be working. We plugged in our spare and the thing started smoking!!!! I couldn't believe it. I have never seen a regulator smoke in 5 years on the job. So to sum up the last month we have had an 2 alternators replaced, an isolator fry/smoke and need to be replaced, an inverter go bad and now a regulator. That just about sums it up for all power issues we could have in the truck and it all happened in the past month! The only thing left would be to buy 4 new batteries for the truck. I am pretty sure there is a black cloud hanging over my head. We ended up being able to collect but it was not with ease. It is always something.
After the meeting I called a specialty shop in Denver that we have taken our truck to in the past for alternator repair and electrical work. I called and said "I have a regulator that is going bad and it needs to be replaced when do you think you can get it in?" Like always people need to hear the problem more than once and he said "what is wrong again" so I tried to change it up a little and said I have a regulator that is going bad and there might be a short in it because when we hooked it up it started smoking" and he said "well if there is a short in it then you need to get it fixed." REALLY...why did he think I was calling???? I said "I know, that is why I am calling. When do you think you can look at it?" Uhhhh I don' t get it but maybe it is because I'm a girl...I wonder if he would have said such a dumb thing to a guy.
After the quick phone call we went to downtown Tulsa for dinner...we basically found nothing! It was a really sad place. The streets were empty with only a few people around the arts center for the show Mamma Mia. We found a little bar to eat at that had a special $3.00 burgers and the place was packed. It turned out to be pretty good because the meat was ground and not a frozen patty.
Tomorrow is the long haul driving through Kansas to get to Denver...that is one of the most boring drives ever. I hope the truck doesn't break down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment