October 19, 2009

Back in Denver (again)



October 19, 2009
I made it back to Denver this evening. The trip went really well. I had an upgrade to first class so I didn't have to worry about someone sitting "on top" of me and we also got cheese and fruit for a snack. It was nice to have more space. I had to take super shuttle home since my car is still at the shop (which I should get back tomorrow) and the shuttle usually takes forever but this time I was able to get in a van that was leaving in 15 minutes. I got outside to find the driver arguing with some lady on the sidewalk. The driver was just trying to do his job and the lady just wanted to get home. The argument continued on and off for most of the ride home....crazy.

Anyway, I should back track and tell you a bit about the weekend. So the twins finally saw my sister and I together and we got things straightened out...I'm really Aunt Jamie and not mommy. They finally started calling me "Aunt Jamie" when I walked in the door. One cute story is that Rori (who is two) and I were sitting on the couch and I saw her biting at her toes. I said "Rori, what are you doing" and she looked at me and said "I bite" (like why was I asking...can't I see that)! It was really funny. Rori and Lele also can't say their brother's name Nolan yet so they call him Noman, which is also really cute to hear them say.

My sister and I went to see Sylvia Browne (http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm) on Sunday and it was really good. I left the place feeling like things were going to be OK. I haven't really felt like that for quite some time. Unfortunately neither my sister or I won the free reading with Sylvia nor did we win a chance to ask her a question :(. Seeing her was great though. The casino did give us a free $5.00 gambling card for going to a show there. I don't gamble but it was a free $5 so why not. I played the double diamond slot machine and ended up winning $43.75...I'll take it.

We took the kids to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and I posted a couple of photos. These might be the only "personal" photos I ever post to the blog...I feel weird doing it but I hope people enjoy them. The sun was not cooperating the best but squinting or not these are a couple of the photos we got....

1 comment:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

It looks like you had a nice time and I did enjoy the photos very much. :)