Today I expected to wake up to snow on the ground but there was nothing in Flagstaff. The 5 1/2 hour drive North to Moab, UT went well. That is the 2nd time I've driven that same exact route during this job...annoying. There isn't much to look at along the way and only a couple of small towns. There is a pretty big snow storm over Colorado and it was supposed to hit Eastern Utah but in Moab there are only a few flurries and nothing on the ground (yet). I'm happy about that! We arrived in Moab around 3:30 (back to MTN time) and decided to go to Arches to check out the roads. They looked slightly damp so we didn't collect. We decided to take a few photos and go on a short hike...very short because it was cold outside. The park was not really what I was expecting. We only saw two arches but apparently there are over 2,000 arches in the park so I'm still looking. I was also surprised to see a lot of sand. I was expecting more rocky soil. The picture of the snow I took using my zoom. There is no snow in the park but looking South this is what we could see. Tomorrow could be a bust if it snows a lot tonight or it could be a pretty good day...it is too early to predict.
October 28, 2009
To Moab, UT
Today I expected to wake up to snow on the ground but there was nothing in Flagstaff. The 5 1/2 hour drive North to Moab, UT went well. That is the 2nd time I've driven that same exact route during this job...annoying. There isn't much to look at along the way and only a couple of small towns. There is a pretty big snow storm over Colorado and it was supposed to hit Eastern Utah but in Moab there are only a few flurries and nothing on the ground (yet). I'm happy about that! We arrived in Moab around 3:30 (back to MTN time) and decided to go to Arches to check out the roads. They looked slightly damp so we didn't collect. We decided to take a few photos and go on a short hike...very short because it was cold outside. The park was not really what I was expecting. We only saw two arches but apparently there are over 2,000 arches in the park so I'm still looking. I was also surprised to see a lot of sand. I was expecting more rocky soil. The picture of the snow I took using my zoom. There is no snow in the park but looking South this is what we could see. Tomorrow could be a bust if it snows a lot tonight or it could be a pretty good day...it is too early to predict.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope you liked Flagstaff, I thought it was cozy when I was there.
I love photo #3!
Flagstaff is a crazy college town. It was OK but not my favorite. I think San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. As far as smaller towns my top pick is always going to be Gettysburg.
Post a Comment