October 1, 2009

Bryce Canyon National Park



October 1, 2009
Today was a pretty good day. We had some grade errors in the morning but we took out the grade computer and fixed our problem. The rest of the day went pretty smooth. We finished around 3:00pm and decided to take a short 1 mile loop hike. It was pretty and it was nice to get some exercise.

As far as run-ins with people go let's just say I'm disappointed. Here is a little insight as to why...
1st - People shouldn't be so quick to assume they are right especially where there is quite a bit of ignorance on their part. Not letting me get a word in didn't help. I ended up having to just get in the truck and let him continue to complain while I drove away. Little did he know that I also dislike the exact same thing he was complaining about but I guess that didn't matter. I guess I can take the verbal abuse...why not.
2nd - If you are a cashier in a store and someone (like me) walks up to pay for something the cashier should at least ring up the items and not turn their back and tell a gossip story to another cashier leaving me standing there waiting for the gossip session to be over. I ended up just leaving my stuff there and walking out. I'll never understand that one and I'm not about to stand there like I don't matter....

No comments: