October 10, 2009
I made it back to Denver this morning. Nothing is ever "smooth sailing" even at 6:00am. Since the airbag light was on in the truck I thought it would be a good idea to take the truck to the shop while we are back in Denver. I looked up a shop and wrote down a cab company's phone number...good to go right? We left the hotel at 5:30am and drove to Ford. On the way there we called a cab. We got to the address where Ford was supposed to be only to find out it had closed and was no longer there! We had to cancel the cab and try and find another Ford shop and still get to the airport on time. Luckily it all worked out but the next Ford shop we went to did not have an obvious spot for us to leave the truck so that took up about 5 minutes of wondering "what are we going to do". We finally found the right spot with the key drop box but they didn't have any forms to fill out with our truck info. I had to write things down on a scratch piece of paper I had in the truck. We eventually did make it to the airport on time and all was well with the flight. We got back to Denver and it was 16 degrees outside with light snow...I was not expecting that. Luckily my friend came to my place while I was gone and turned on my furnace...it was warm when I left so I turned it all the way off (thanks Tweez). I spent the afternoon unpacking and then went to the grocery store. I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking different things, way too much for one person to eat but it was good and a nice change from restaurant food. I'll be in Denver for the week then I'm going home to MN to see family this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And you don't know how I'm looking forward to having you home even for a short time. Miss you lots.
MOM
I hope you have a nice vacation!
Post a Comment