Well, today is Friday and were are also checking out of our hotel and have all of our stuff in the truck...that is two strikes against us even before the day starts. Yesterday I had some problems with our grade reading in the afternoon, nothing horrible but something needed to be fixed. We took out the grade box and looked at all of the connections and cleaned things up hoping that would help but no luck. This morning the grade readings were still bad. After some pondering I thought it couldn't really be the grade sensor itself so we decided to take out one of the computers and take out the grade timer card. We cleaned things up and replaced the card and it fixed our problem. It was only about a 20 minutes set back. On the way to the South end of Canyonlands the roads were pretty wet and there was a pile of snow in the middle of each lane. It was very discouraging. It was that way for about 25 miles and then when we were about 3 miles from the start of our route it was like magic...the roads cleared up and they were dry! It must not have snowed that much in the park. I can't believe how much luck we have had on this trip. It seems I only have bad luck with the truck and the weather but this trip we have been so lucky and we are getting things done without any real delay...crazy! Maybe this will be how my life is when we get the new truck...little problems and less stress. We finished up Canyonlands today and drove to Grand Junction and will collect Colorado Monument tomorrow.
I posted a photo of an arch in Canyonlands called wooden shoe arch, it looks like a wooden shoe!
Oh, and just an FYI - in Canyonlands the view from the North side is much more impressive than the view from the South side. The North side looks similar to the Grand Canyon!
During the drive to Grand Junction a radio station was asking people to call in with Halloween jokes. I thought this one was cute...
Q: Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?
A: Because he didn't have any guts!

No comments:
Post a Comment