October 26, 2009

Montazuma Castle and Tuzigoot National Monuments





October 26, 2009
I called for a cab to pick me up at 8:30am from my friend's house...the door bell rang at 8:10am! Luckily I was ready but not happy to cut my visit 20 minutes short...every minute counts you know. I grabbed my bags and was off to pick up the truck at a Ford dealer shop. The truck is really a money pit. I know that was a movie once (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091541/) but I just want to say that money pits really do exist...I drive one. I'm very, very glad we are getting a new truck! After getting the truck I headed to the airport to pick up Jeff and then we headed North to Montazuma Castle and Tuzigoot. Those parks are really small and the truck was cooperating so we finished the parks in no time. We were able to take a couple of short walks to see the old dwellings. I attached a couple of the photos. Oh, It was 85 degrees in Phoenix and then we get up to Flagstaff and it is only in the 50s!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had the chance to do the walk to see the castle - Daniel and I didn't have the chance to do so. There aren't any tours of the inside are there?